Making A Difference
Dolly’s Imagination Library became so popular that in 2000, she announced that she would make the program available for replication to any community that was willing to partner with her to support it locally.
Since the initial program launch in the United States, Dolly Parton's Imagination Library has gone from just a few dozen books to more than 123 Million books mailed to children in the United States, Canada, and across the proverbial pond to the United Kingdom, and Australia!
Currently, more than 1,600 local communities provide the Imagination Library to more than 750,000 children each month.
Already statistics and independent reports have shown Dolly Parton's Imagination Library drastically improves early childhood literacy for children enrolled in the program. Further studies have shown improved scores during early literacy testing.
All PROFITS FROM DOLLY DAY DENVER WILL BE GOING TO IMAGINATION LIBRARY
"Imagination Library Denver is excited to partner with Two Doors Down Productions for the inaugural Dolly Day! It's because of community members and corporate partners that we're able to bring our free early literacy program to kids in Denver. A 2018 study shows that 40% of Colorado’s students aren't reading on grade-level at the end of third grade. We want to change that by ensuring each child has their very own library with high-quality, age-appropriate books to help them start their educational journey off strong."
- Sara Randall, Director
FIND OUT MORE
How It Works
Since launching in 2015, Imagination Library of Denver has mailed 17,577 brand-new books to kids in Denver
- ILD has served more than 1,500 families in Denver.
- The current service area is 80205, 80220, and 80211. With your help they can keep expanding to even more zipcodes!
- 884 children are currently enrolled.
- The average retail book cost is $15. Imagination Library has provided parents more than $260,000 in retail book costs.
- There are more than 1,000 children on the waiting list. Program expansion will only happen with donations and partnership from
individuals, successful fundraising events and corporate sponsorships.
- Since 1995, Dolly Parton's Imagination Library has mailed more than 123 million books to children in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, and the Republic of Ireland.
- Each book is chosen for its high-quality content and age-appropriate concepts. More than 8 bilingual books are mailed each year in all age groups.